Friday, June 24, 2011

Lost in Freedom



Ocean City, MD was the most comfortable I ever remember us living. I went to public school with my sister and we busied ourselves with crab fishing, playing, and getting into trouble. We would say Kiddish friday night and keep basic holidays but nothing else. Actually my dad really hated the religious movement and he made it a point never to fast on yom kippur. Their new love for this wonderful country kept growing and we were as free as ever. Away from family or friends telling us our life style we chose was corrupt. We wanted a life far from the political Israel and far from the complicated social trends of the Jewish world. This didn't last for long and we kept upgrading our life to a better bigger house with more and more cars and televisions. Life was so simple here in America and we lived right by the ocean. I would hang out with my dad on his stores on the boardwalk. I dont remember him much but I do remember having a great childhood. Thunderstorms on the beach were moving and sunsets after long days laying on the beach. It was a time I remember that was very simple with nothing and noone to worry about. My mother had her friends and my father had his and we knew the neighborhood kids and families. We had parties and get togethers and bbq's and trips.

This life wouldnt last long and one Yom Kippur came that Rabbi Nassim Yagen came to this sinful city. The happy life in this city wasnt going to last long and he came to profess everyone's near destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment